Red Goat Cyber Security
- Increasing the rate of on-board automation without compromising on safety. Safeguarding the ship’s information architecture
- Limiting the impact which cyber attack has on business process and volume. Lessening the impact on the customer
- Overhauling the ways in which sea freight manages and shares data in a complex network. Safely sustaining the data flow between customer, operator and third party elements of the logistics chain
As the shipping sector embraces digitisation, there numerous hurdles to be overcome when it comes to managing the increased volume of information, and supporting data fusion between vessels and the shore. This panel discussion will explore the merits of enhanced connectivity, and will assess the opportunities and challenges related to creating smarter, networked ships.
- How will the increased flow of data between vessels support efficiency for maritime operations? What are the barriers, both technical and regulatory, to increased data flow?
- Assessing the block chain phenomena as a means to advance data usage for the shipping sector
- Securing data transfer. Assessing and mitigating the cyber risk in the context of enhanced connectivity
- Improving connectivity between the digitised ship and the digitised port. Minimising delay and establishing effective contingencies in the event of unavoidable disruption